On Dec 31, 2008, at 5:55 PM, Brian Dunning wrote:
... When I hit Reply or Reply All in Mail, it wants to
reply directly to the poster, and only CC's the list...

That is just the way the list works. (If you look at threads, you will see a fairly-constant stream of reminders to "reply all" to stay on the public listserv).

Other lists to which I subscribe don't behave like this. I can't understand why this one does. Even if people remember to "reply all" the recipient gets 2 copies of the reply. (If only the list admin knew of some programmer who could alter this.... <g>)

All of this is tolerable for the great information exchanged, but it *is* annoying.

Ken

(Ironically, I initially forgot to "reply all" on this one, so I had to re-do it.)