> When mentioning the RAM usage problem, one might consider calling

> flush() after each echo, just to make sure that they don't run over

> PHPs memory limit.

Oh yeah.

Make sure you've run through and cleared all ob_buffers for any kind of
non-HTML output, specifically for file downloads.

You really don't want your web server buffering up a potentially large
streamable content just because you've got ob_auto_start or whatever in
php.ini, or some kind of main controller calling ob_start() or whatever.

I know a lot of folks swear by ob_start and its benefits, but I mostly find it
annoying as a general "solution"...

Didn't even think of that, as I only use ob_start() when I *really* want it,
not as a general fix-up.