Nathan

Thanks for all your help, but it is not working.  The files were/are named
php_mysql.dll....so I replace them.

I did the advanced install, choosing only those extensions I wanted,
including mywsql and mysqli

I have already reinstalled the php5.2.8

Again, thanks, but Im getting frustrated at spending all day on this...