On Fri, Jan 9, 2009 at 12:18 PM, Gary <gwp...@ptd.net> wrote:
> I've done a number of sites in html and am now venturing into php.
>
> Can I create a page in html and insert php code that will work? (for
> example, take an existing page and insert a date command)

Not unless you configure your web server to parse all .html documents
with PHP first.

> Can I create a page with the php extension that contains only contains html
> and no php?  If so are there advantages/disadvantages?

Absolutely. The only real disadvantage I know of is the small overhead
from causing PHP to process a file that could otherwise be served
directly. That, and you'll possibly blow the use of client-side
caching of what is essentially static content.

> Can I mix and match file formats (php/html) in a single site?

Again, absolutely.

> Thanks for any input.

You're welcome.