At 11:19 AM +1100 1/11/09, Ross McKay wrote:
tedd wrote:

The argument over what HTML is, will never be resolved.

I say it's a delivery mechanism and tags such as <b> and <i> are
unwanted elements. They simply confuse/blur the purpose of the
language.

I should have said <strong> and <em>, I guess.

No, my comment wasn't about anything you said. My comment was about HTML -- IMO, it's a poorly designed language which is poorly enforced and poorly rendered by browsers. That's one of the reasons why there are so many problems with cross browser development.

Additionally, considering how badly (or how good) browsers deal with malformed code, it hasn't helped the language any. When people can write bad code, without immediate consequences, they do it.

Cheers,

tedd
--
-------