> Edmund Hertle schrieb:
>
>  Hey,
>> I've just discovered the ArrayObject class, but it seems to not be well
>> documented, so here is my problem:
>>
>> You can use ArrayObject::append() to add a new value to the array, but is
>> there also a method to add a new key and value?
>>
>> And I know that I could extend the class and write my own method but isn't
>> this quite a base method for arrays in php? So maybe I just missed a
>> obvious
>> point?
>>
>> Quick example:
>>
>> Without ArrayObject:
>> 1. $array[] = $value
>> 2. $array[$key] = $value
>>
>> With ArrayObject:
>> 1. $arrayObject->append($value)
>> 2. ???
>>
>> -eddy
>>
>>  Hi Eddy,
> use offsetSet( key, data) to do this. You can implements the Interface or
> extend from the Class to extend the functionality (think interceptors __SET
> and __GET)
>
> Regards
>
> Carlos Medina

Thank you all. This is completly new to me (didn't thougt that it is
possible to use [ ] on objects). So just for clarification:If I write a
custom class (not an child of ObjectArray) and implement that array
interface then I can use $customClass[$key] = $value and changing the
functionality as I like to, for example create a nice usability?

Or with an other point of view: Can I use those braces normally on every
object? Or is this functionality introduced with implementing the array
interface?

-eddy