Hey Nathan and all, (even Tony, kisses big T!)

I decided, rather quickly, on this one.

http://itprojectguide.org/

It's dotProject based with apparent upgrades to work with MySQL 5 and jQuery so that it has some nice AJAX functionality where dP would keep you waiting on whole page refreshes.

The developer is very responsive to the minor issues I've had, so I'm going to probably keep it and import my custom modules from dP into it.

Skip

Nathan Rixham wrote:
Skip Evans wrote:
Hey all (except Tony),

treat others how you want them to treat you *passes all his biscuits* - yet lol.

I've been using dotProject for a few years now and have been quite happy with it, and have written my own invoicing module, and a few other mods for the way I track hours for subcontractors, etc.

condolences

But it has trouble with MySQL 5 and from the Googling I've done it doesn't seem likely it will be fixed soon. Besides, I've hacked my install up quite a bit and if I were to upgrade there'd trouble 'a foot, ya'll.

maybe you'd be best fixing it yourself OR not upgrading to mysql 5?

I'm considering switching to something else, and the start of a new year would be a good time since my subs have all been given their 10-99s so I can start fresh.

really.. good luck and please let me know what you choose

Suggestions for a PHP based PM system? I'd like to be able to make mods so PHP is the logical choice since it's the language I know best, and as Tony will tell you, it's perfect and doesn't need no feeble minded Java guys trying to improve it.

.

Basic requirements are time tracking for multiple coders, generating invoices per project based on start and end date (I bill the 15th and last day of each month).

Gee, I guess that's the basics.

Thoughts, opinions, corrections to grammar?

not every ones cup of tea but rally agile development [http://www.rallydev.com/]

if you don't do anything else with this link please watch this:
http://www.rallydev.com/5601_Rally_15.html

than consider what you want from a project management system.

in all honesty though, no I can't - none seem to fit the bill completly and in every place I've ever worked, and personally, picking a good project management system has always been a major stumbling block / problem

--
Skip Evans