Robert Cummings wrote:
On Mon, 2009-01-19 at 21:53 +0000, Nathan Rixham wrote:
Robert Cummings wrote:
On Mon, 2009-01-19 at 21:28 +0000, Nathan Rixham wrote:
well just for the hell of it; and because I'm feeling worn..

anybody else find the following true when you're a developer?

- frequent bursts of side-tracking onto more interesting subjects
- vast amount of inhuman focus, followed by inability to remain focussed
- general tendancy to keep taking on projects, often for no good reason
- inability to flip out of work mode at 5pm like the rest of the world
-- [sub] not feeling normal unless worked you've extra; while other professions demand overtime as little as an extra 15 minutes
- constant learning (positive thing)
- unlimited skill scope, if its on a computer you'll give it a go
- amazing ability to prioritise (the wrong things)
- all projects suddenly become uninteresting and all motivation is lost at approx 65-85 percent completion
- the code seems more important than the app (even though its not)
- lots more but lost interest / focus
Are you an INTP?

http://www.personalitytest.net/cgi-bin/q.pl

thanks for that rob, but predicatably I've got to number 26 and stopped - penetrating insight, lol

Then your not INTP enough :) An INTP would want to know.

Cheers,
Rob.
i do.. it's still open in a tab :-) sidetracked