Hi,
I am trying to write a page that will perform a select on a DB and get the
path and file name of an image. Then display the image.
The DB part if fine but I am having difficulty figuring out how to get the
images to display. For example:

result from select:
$file_path = "/home/pics/friends/"
$file_name = "bob.jpg"

Now, say my web root directory is "/etc/http/wwwroot"

How do I create a link to my file "/home/pics/friends/bob.jpg"?
I tried symlink() but the link created appears to hang around after it is no
longer needed.

By the way, this is a Linux server running Apache.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Sterling Anderson
[EMAIL PROTECTED]