Paul M Foster wrote:
> On Mon, Jan 26, 2009 at 12:03:20AM -0600, Micah Gersten wrote:
>

>> Paul M Foster wrote:
>>
>>> <snip>
>>> In case this has yet to be answered to your satisfaction...
>>>
>>> Your page will *have* to reload when the user presses the button, but
>>> the majority of content can look the same, except for the content you
>>> want to change.
>>> </snip>
>>>

>> This is absolutely not true.   You can make the button call a PHP script
>> with AJAX and just update the textbox.
>> Check out:
>> http://xajaxproject.org
>>

> Please show me how *without Javascript* and *only with PHP* you can
> change the content on a page interactively as the user described
> *without* reloading the whole page. Xajax contains Javascript, which is
> how it manages this feat.
>
> For Pete's sake people, this is a *new* PHP user who wanted a *simple*
> solution to a relatively simple webpage problem. He's not looking for a
> Javascript solution, or a framework solution, or an OOP solution. He's
> not necessarily looking for a bulletproof, high security solution. He's
> a *new* PHP user. He just wants to figure out how to do this simple
> thing. Give him a *simple* answer. If you have to give him provisos
> about security, OOP, or Javascript afterward, fine.
>
> Paul

I'm not saying that he should use it.  I'm saying that *YOUR *claim was
false.  You should watch what you say.  You said you *HAVE* to reload
which is not true.  I said nothing about without JavaScript.  I agree
that he shouldn't necessarily use that.  That's why I snipped his stuff
out and just quoted you.

Thank you,
Micah Gersten
onShore Networks