2009/1/28 Terion Miller <webdev.ter...@gmail.com>

> I googled this and didn't find an answer ....
> my question is how do you know when to use an object or array
>
> would an object just be 1 instance, and array is several things together (
> know infantile coder language I use..but I'm a baby still in this)
>
> Can someone explain objects and arrays in plain speak for me?
> Thanks
> Happy Coding

Hey,

Arrays: A structure to store data
Example:
$example = array("value1", "value2", "value3);
echo $example[0]; // echos "value1"
echo $example[2]; // echos "value3"

Object: Something totally diffrent. A object is an instance of a class.
Contains variables and methods.

I don't know how you thought of using arrays or objects for the same
problem? Can you give an example?

Try this for arrays: http://de2.php.net/manual/en/language.types.array.php
You should look for "object-oriented programming" to understand what an
object is
Then you will get help here:
http://de2.php.net/manual/en/language.oop5.basic.php

-eddy