http://au2.php.net/cli

PHP via command line.

Michael Kubler
*G*rey *P*hoenix *P*roductions <http://www.greyphoenix.biz>

Shawn McKenzie wrote:
Merlin Morgenstern wrote:
Hi there,

I am trying to unlink a file which is inside a folder that is not
writable to phps user "www". Of course this failes, but I need to find a
solution for it.

Backgroud is following:
I have pure-ftpd installed where user directories get created by
pure-ftpd. Unfortunatelly there seems to be a bug and pure-ftpd does
only create the homedirectory folder in 750 mod.
My PHP-Script scans this directories every x minutes and processes those
files. Upon completinon those files should get deleted, but as the dir
is not writable by the user www this failes.

The dir looks like this:
drwxr-x--- 2 ftpuser ftpgroup 4096 Jan 28 10:18 merlin/

files inside look like this:
-rwxrwx--- 1 ftpuser ftpgroup 16868 Jan 28 10:20 test.xml*

User www which executes php via cron is inside the group "ftpgroup".

Any ideas? I am kind of lost with this one. Thank you for any help!

Best regards, Merlin

Why not run the cron as root, or ftpuser?