Paul M Foster wrote:
On Wed, Jan 28, 2009 at 01:45:07PM -0700, Don Collier wrote:

On that note, what would be a better book to learn from?  I have always
been a fan of the O'Reilly books, but I am open to differing flavors of
kool-aid.  One can never have too many resources.

The book that sits on my desk and is incredibly dog-eared is
_Programming PHP_, also from O'Reilly. The whole back section is a
reference on all the PHP functions and some extensions. The front part
of the book explains nearly everything about the language.

There are some errata in the book, which I've pointed out to O'Reilly,
and when in doubt I check the function documentation on the php.net
site.

Paul

I have this "Learning PHP 5" and at the same time bought "PHP and MySQL" also from O'Reilly. Ever since my first "Sed and Awk" book from them about 10 or so years ago I have been hooked. I do have others in my library but I usually give them a shot first to see if I get what I need.

I will have to pick up a copy of the "Programming PHP" and give it a look. Thanks.