Maybe you can use Firebug <http://getfirebug.com/>, or the Web Developer <https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/60> plugins for Firefox?

Michael Kubler
*G*rey *P*hoenix *P*roductions <http://www.greyphoenix.biz>

Ashley Sheridan wrote:
On Sun, 2009-02-01 at 13:42 -0600, Terion Miller wrote:
On Sun, Feb 1, 2009 at 11:17 AM, Ashley Sheridan
<a...@ashleysheridan.co.uk>wrote:

On Sun, Feb 1, 2009 at 10:57 AM, Ashley Sheridan

        On Sun, 2009-02-01 at 10:10 -0600, Terion Miller wrote:
        > I noticed yesterday that sometimes I was seeing a strange
        url passing at the
        > bottom of the browser when clicking around my site I'm
        working on while
        > watching the page loads, its calling to mouserunner.com and
        I went to the
        > site and it is a bunch of links, my site is on a private
        server for a large
        > media company, clues on what this means and where to look to
        stop it, what's
        > it doing scraping my site or something?
        >
        > Thanks folks...

        Are you using some of their content on your site? You may not
        realise
        it's come from them, it could be some Javascript you've found
        online and
        used on your site. It's more than likely just a call-back
        script to
        register a 'hit' along with other details.

        As for scraping your sites content, there is no way to prevent
        this. If
        your content is viewable for a human, it's viewable for a
        computer.

        Would you mind posting a link so we can see what you're
        seeing?

        Ash
        www.ashleysheridan.co.uk

Hi Ash!
My site isn't an outside app, it's an in house work order app hosted
on our corporate servers, I was working on it yesterday and caught a
glimpse in the bottom of the browser where you can see page loads , I
kept seeing a www.mouserunner.com in there and was wondering what the
hell...I googled and visited the site and found no other post anywhere
complaining about this site or if it was a hacker/phishing site...
Copying the list back in on this.

You still haven't mentioned if you were using any scripts you sourced
from elsewhere? Have you performed a search on the server in question
for any files containing a link to that website?

Ash
www.ashleysheridan.co.uk

no scripts that i've found, I inherited this app, and its about 57 pages
1200 lines each and I don't have access to the server corp rules...
Do a search on all the files for that site. I'm guessing you'll find
something in a .js file somewhere.

Ash
www.ashleysheridan.co.uk