I'll put in a +1 for Subversion. I use it and love it.
I have the actual repository sitting on a linux box and usually use TortiseSVN to update, and commit to the repository. It's pretty easy to use, and was much easier to setup than I expected. I simply apt-get install svn, and then edited some Apache config files, of which the code is available with a quick google.

I keep all the websites I code in the repository and even though I have 3 computers on the same network I'll sometimes commit related files on one PC, and update the local copy on another computer because it's even easier than using windows network file transfer. Plus the fact that I have a script to automatically backup the repository regularly, so once the data is in the repository I'm highly unlikely to loose it (esp as I've got local cached copies on 3 computers).

Best of all? IT'S FREE!

my 2c.

Michael Kubler
*G*rey *P*hoenix *P*roductions <http://www.greyphoenix.biz>

TG wrote:
So, for my purposes.. after trying a handful of solutions.. open source and commercial.. I think I've decided that Reliable Software's "Code Co-op" is what's going to work best for me.

My trial is almost up, so as soon as my next paycheck comes, I think I'll be purchasing the full version for $150.

For me, it's totally worth it. It stores everything in a local database, but allows collaboration if that's what you're into. Via email for the $150 version, via LAN for the $200 version.

It lets me add files by type, is easy to check out files. Anyway.. if anyone's looking for an easy Windows version control system, check it out.

(no, I don't work for them, just passing along the recommendation since I'm digging this software)

Thanks for all the input!

-TG