Hi gang:

At the college where I teach, they are considering teaching OOP, but they don't want to settle on a specific language.

My thoughts are it's difficult to teach OOP without a language -- while the general concepts of OOP are interesting, people need to see how concepts are applied to understand how they work -- thus I think a specific language is required

I lean toward C++ because I wrote in it for a few years AND C++ appears to be the most common, widespread, and popular OOP language.

However, while I don't know PHP OOP, I am open to considering it because of the proliferation of web based applications. My personal opinion is that's where all programming is headed anyway, but that's just my opinion.

With that said, what's the differences and advantages/disadvantages between C++ and PHP OOP?

Cheers,

tedd

IMHO I think that you are right about using a specific language and you should strongly insist on that. Someone needs to see how objects are taking flesh and bones in real life and not just theoretically.

You could consider Java as well before taking your final decision.

--
Thodoris