Hi all,

I consider myself quite good with Regular Expression, but i could never find
out how to match something like:

"match this but not this and that"

so i would like to match the first "match this" (or "another this") but not
"not this".

Seems pretty straight forward but i haven't found a (good) solution yet.
Please no solutions with extra code, i know how to do that. I need a regular
expression that can do it, preferably Perl compatible. Surprisingly i
couldn't figure out how to say '/!(not) this/'. Seems like there must be a
simple way, but i can't seem to figure it out.

Tried things like: '/[^n][^o][^t] this/', '/[^not]{3} this/' etc but all of
those don't work. Looked in various books and websites but didn't find what
i was looking for...

Please enlighten me if you can.

Regards,
Tim

Tim-Hinnerk Heuer

http://www.ihostnz.com
Bob Hope  - "I have a wonderful make-up crew. They're the same people
restoring the Statue of Liberty."