""Michael A. Peters"" <mpet...@mac.com> wrote in message
> As my web app is coming to completion, I added a means to search records
> (different from site search).
> This involves reading post input and is many cases converting it to an
> Damn I feel dumb.
> The search app wasn't working, so I did what I often do when
> troubleshooting crap - I put a die($variable) at various points to see if
> the variable is what it is suppose to be.
> I kept getting blank returns from die after the conversion from a post
> string to an integer. I looked in the apache logs, system logs, I even
> tried rebooting - I couldn't figure why the smurf the variable wasn't
> converting to integer.
> I even turned off eaccelerator in case that was causing it, though it
> never has given me issue before (except once when I was doing something in
> a really shoddy way - cleaned up my method and it behaved)
> After several hours contemplating if I had bad RAM, an issue with the CPU,
> verifying my RPMs were good, wondering why I wasn't getting anything in
> the logs, it dawned on me.
> If variable is an integer, die($var) returns nothing and is suppose to
> return nothing, it takes a string as an argument to echo on death -
> die("$var") is what I wanted.
> I need sleep.
> I did finally find the error and fix the record search problem.
Meh...just replace the muffler bearings, and be done with it.
PHP General Mailing List (http://www.php.net/)
To unsubscribe, visit: http://www.php.net/unsub.php