Joe Harman wrote:
On Mon, Mar 9, 2009 at 9:53 AM, Bob McConnell <r...@cbord.com> wrote:
From: Joe Harman
I am using PHP to build an XML file, but I keep on getting an XML
error when open the file in Google Chrome.

---------
This page contains the following errors:

error on line 30 at column 318: Entity 'iuml' not defined
Below is a rendering of the page up to the first error.

--------

Okay, Thanks... appears the problem is that I have foreign language
entities in my HTML... Ugh

I am sure this is not really the most efficient way to do this, but I
tried using the following to get rid of these, but it appears that it
just converts them to this i¿½...

$search =
explode(",","ç,æ,œ,á,é,í,ó,ú,à,è,ì,ò,ù,ä,ë,ï,ö,ü,ÿ,â,ê,î,ô,û,å,e,i,ø,u");
$replace =
explode(",","c,ae,oe,a,e,i,o,u,a,e,i,o,u,a,e,i,o,u,y,a,e,i,o,u,a,e,i,o,u");
$decode_string = str_replace($search, $replace,
html_entity_decode($row_rsFeed['full_desc']))

I am going to read up some more on sanitizing HTML

Joe

you need to be dealing with encodings here; whats the encoding of the original content? iso-8859-1? - in short what you need is to convert all "text" to be utf-8, more than likely utf8_encode($whatchaNeed) will get you going in right direction.

regards!