well, on second look at the microtime error messages,
it looks like you might need to patch 'microtime.c'.

i dont have any experience with sybase, so i'm the
wrong person to ask for sybase-specific information,
but try the sybase/php website and see if there's
any mention of patches ...

or perhaps try downgrading to a previous version of
PHP if you absolutely need-it-now and cannot get it
to work for PHP4.