hello. I have been working on this bug for days now, and have scoured
these forums and the web to no avail. I am fairly new to PHP, so
please forgive me if I don't provide the right info.

here is the problem:
as of 9 days ago, when someone arrives at a document on our site via
google (or directly to a document on our site via any method), and
they add it to their cart, and then navigate to the cart, it is empty.
 if you navigate around the site first, all is well.

here is the grand anomaly:
i have the EXACT SAME code running on 80 and 9090 (normally, 9090 is a
testing site pointing to its own directory, but since this bug
surfaced, i've changed things).  The bug can be reproduced over and
over again on 80, and never on 9090.  they are also using the same db.

here is how to recreate it:
go to http://www.examplemotion.com/legaldoc/view.php/112 and add to
cart.  check the cart by clicking the "Cart" link in the nav.  it is
empty.  now, go to
http://www.examplemotion.com:9090/legaldoc/view.php/112 and add to
cart.  check the cart by clicking the same nav link, and the doc is
there, in the cart.   ???  clear your cookies to reproduce, and, don't
be logged in.

here is some background:
i am using Qcodo 0.5, PHP 5.2.6, apache 2.2, mysql 14.12.  box and
services hosted by godaddy.  i have reverted the repo (SVN) to a known
working version with the same results.  in any file that you land on,
including view.php, there is a call to
require_once(../includes/prepend.inc.php) which calls session_start().
 although, i understand that is implicit with any $_SESSION['foo']
assignments.  in any case, session_start() should be called within
prepend.inc.php.  the id of the doc is successfully added to the
session variable $_SESSION['cart'] in an array, and can be output to
the page after adding the doc, but when you navigate away (either by
going to the cart directly, or clicking 'checkout'), the session
variable has disappeared.  when clicking on checkout, it should take
you to the register/login page, unless the cart is empty, in which
case you are redirected to the search page.

please let me know if you need any more information.  any help would
be _very_much_appreciated_!!!

thanks!

--fjs--

--