> http://uk2.php.net/set_exception_handler
> http://uk2.php.net/manual/en/function.set-error-handler.php

Thanks for the reply, Andrea.  However, you either didn't read my
entire message, or didn't understand it.  I can't use either of
those to detect an exception that's already in progress, I can only
use them to catch the exception before the script ends if nothing
else catches it.

What would be nice is a function like get_current_exception() that
would either return the current exception object, or return false
if there is no exception.

--
Bill Moran
http://www.potentialtech.com