Hi. I did some searching in the archives, but didn't quite find what I was looking for. Maybe a few of you can assist me...

We have an application that's currently in production, but we're constantly modifying/upgrading it. We did not do unit testing early on because of the lack of time. Now that some time has opened up, we're considering unit testing. My question is..... is it reasonable to start unit testing at this point in time with the application mostly built? Besides being really time-consuming, what are the pitfalls of starting unit testing at this stage?

Thanks in advance,
~Philip