Ashley Sheridan wrote:
On Tue, 2009-05-05 at 00:09 -0700, Richard Kurth wrote:
How can I force this to be a POST and not a GET
or is the only way you can pass data with a POST is from a Form submission.

The only way you can send post data is either through the form or using
an AJAX call.

You can also do it via curl from the server, though I don't know that is what the OP is looking for since he's trying to do it from a link as opposed to just sending post data to a url that just eats it.

This is a private function from one of my classes that needs to do it - should show how it is done for those curious.

It sends an xml report as post to a uri that eats the post.

I think there is another way that involves raw http requests but it looked rather ugly to try and do correctly to me (IE I couldn't figure it out :p)

private function httpPostReport() {
  $rui = $this->csp['report-uri'];
  $report = $this->triggerDOM->saveXML();
  $handle = curl_init();
  curl_setopt($handle, CURLOPT_URL,$rui);
  curl_setopt($handle, CURLOPT_POST, 1);
  curl_setopt($handle, CURLOPT_POSTFIELDS,$report);
  curl_setopt($handle, CURLOPT_HTTP_VERSION, CURL_HTTP_VERSION_1_1);
  curl_setopt($handle, CURLOPT_CONNECTTIMEOUT, 5);
  $result = curl_exec ($handle);
  curl_close ($handle);