Daniel Brown wrote:
On Wed, May 13, 2009 at 10:00, Manoj Singh <manojsingh2...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi All,

I need to create the SMS functionality in PHP.

Do you have any idea of Open Source SMS gateway which i can use?

    http://google.com/search?q=open+source+sms+gateway

    If you have any idea of how SMS works, you'll know it's not
possible.  SMS is a protocol built upon a network for which you'll be
required to license (and pay for) access and usage.  It's not a script
you could install.

indeed been down this avenue myself - best free way I could find of doing it for free(?) is to find the email address format for the major carriers (there is a list on wikipedia) then send an email to 241412341...@carrier.smstoemailgateway.domain where the numbers are the phone number.