Kevin Waterson wrote:
On Sat, 2009-05-23 at 23:21 +0100, Nathan Rixham wrote:
Hi All,

Just a quick one, can anybody recommend any decent templating engines other than smarty.

I've got no problem with smarty and it does the job - but if there is something newer and lighter out there that I'm missing then I'd be a fool not to at least consider it!

can't be part of a framework, (or if it is easily extracted with no framework dependencies), and not xslt (love xslt, but not many designers do!).

eZ Components
Use just the template component

http://ezcomponents.org

Kevin
http://phpro.org

cheers for that kevin, does look good; kind of smarty++ - will need to give it a try out!