hessi...@hessiess.com wrote:
Something that seriously annoys me about PHP is the fact that it has
a configuration file which can *completely* change the behaviour of
the language.

Perhaps you're not at all clear on the purpose of a configuration file.

> I am seriously considering moving to a different language because of this.

I guess you could look for a language that has a parser with 0 configuration options. Sounds like a bundle of fun.

Meanwhile, why don't you consider a) moving to a new host; or, b) setting up your own server so you can ~shudder~ *configure* it however you like.