At 13:36 6/07/2001 +1000, Brad Wright wrote:
>I'm sure there is something REALLY simple Im missing here.... below is the

OK. I think your problem is here. Between the first "?>" and the second
"<?PHP"
is a piece of white-space. This is treated by PHP as text, which triggers it to
send the headers, before sending off the encountered text.

Try making removing them and see what happens.

>login.php:
><?PHP
>session_start();
>?>
><?PHP
>
>// Connect to the database
>   $db = mysql_connect("localhost", "user", "pass");
>   if( !$db )        die ("Couldnt connect to server, try again soon. ");
>
>// Select Database
>
>mysql_select_db("LoginDB", $db) or die ("Couldn't connect  to the database,
>sorry.");
>
>// Query Database table
>$query = "select * from Admin_Login_TB where teamLogin = '$teamLogin' &&
>teamPass = '$teamPass' " ;
>$result = mysql_query($query,$db);
>
>// LIst the matching row values
>list ($teamLogin, $teamPass, $teamNo)=mysql_fetch_row($result);
>

>// Test to see if a match was found
>// If not: then die
>// if match found then continue
>
>if (!mysql_numrows($result) ) {
>die ( "username/password not valid");
>}
>else{
>header("Location: menu.php");
>exit;  }
>?>

>menu.php
><?PHP session_start();
>?>
>test
>
>I hope you can see a glareingly obvious problem that i can't
>
>Cheers,
>Brad
>
> > From: "..s.c.o.t.t.." <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> > Date: Thu, 5 Jul 2001 23:13:09 -0700
> > To: "Php-General" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> > Subject: RE: [PHP] Re: changing to a different file in browser
> >
> > even a blank line at the end of a file that you're
> > include()ing will break header.
> >
> > you could use output buffering, but i dont think
> > you really want to go to all that trouble for a simple

Brian White
Step Two Designs Pty Ltd - SGML, XML & HTML Consultancy
Phone: +612-93197901
Web:   http://www.steptwo.com.au/
Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]