Hey all,

I have a file uploader module that allows users to upload documents and of course people are using all kinds of file names that are not web friendly.

I guess the best solution is to replace any non alphanumeric with maybe '_' the underscore? How does that sound?

Unfortunately, after 20+ years of coding I cannot get my brain around regular expressions to any decent level of proficiency, I know sad.

I'd like to hear other solutions for this problem, I am thinking of a regexp that replaces special chars with the underscore; sounds pretty robust and globally acceptable?

Opinions, witticisms, flames, quotations by famous débutantes?

(The last is optional)
--
Skip Evans