Michael A. Peters wrote:
Al wrote:

I also use the "HTML Validator" extension. Leave it active and as you develop and test your resultant html code, it'll check your pages on the fly. When you see the red circle, with a cross, click the circle and get an error report in detail.

Hey wow - that's nifty.
I've got some pages that require login to access, so validate by URL doesn't work, I have to cut and paste the source.

That extension makes validating those pages a lot easier :)

Also W3C validate. I've found both miss things the other one finds. E.g., FF HTML validate catches irregular <fieldset> tags that the W3C validator doesn't. HTML validate reports warnings for arbitrary, but legit, CSS selectors e.g.,