Ashley Sheridan wrote:
On Sun, 2009-06-07 at 13:29 +0200, mrfroasty wrote:
Alain Roger wrote:
i'm currently investigating what would be the best solution to develop an
e-commerce web site.
should i use some PHP template engine like smarty or CMS like Joomla, Drupal
thanks a lot,
Hardware:msi geforce 8600GT asus p5k-se
As commerce-orientated CMSs go, I've found OSCommerce to be pretty easy
to get to grips with
I had really bad experience with osCommerce.
- I used on several stores in the company I worked for and it happened
few times that "fresh" downloaded will be "demaged"
- the code is easy to modify because it's writen very simple. but, since
there was tons of developers (community) you will find annoying number
of stiles the code is written.
- easy to modify, but with any modification there is big chance you will
not be able to patch/update/upgrade
- every time I had an issue I had to wait several days on answers/help
on their forum. of course, nobody is paid to help me but if just want to
let you know - don't count on forum as fast help.
- simply, my suggestion stay away from osCommerce, CRA and other derivates.
I didn't use (yet), but according research I did, I wold recommend
Drupal + Ubercart
PHP General Mailing List (http://www.php.net/)
To unsubscribe, visit: http://www.php.net/unsub.php