Jay Blanchard wrote:
> [snip]
> Is there an easier or simpler way to do this?
> [/snip]
>
> http://us2.php.net/manual/en/function.mysql-fetch-row.php

In what way would this simplify or ease my pain?
The difficulty, it seems to me, is not in retrieving the rows, but
rather how to pass the row data to the variables. And since the number
of rows is variable, I believe that the only way to assign the variables
is by use of a loop? I think I'm beating my head against the wall for
nothing... :-(
I know I'm a newbie (a very lazy and ignorant one, apparently) but I
don't quite understand. Or is there a gain in execution time or resource
usage?

--
Hervé Kempf: "Pour sauver la planète, sortez du capitalisme."