Tobias Krieger wrote:

> This would be a nice and fast solution, but unfortunatelly, it's like
> that the C programm needs to surveilance the hardware all the time
> (controlling values,...) hence, it would run more as a "daemon".

Depending your skill-levels with C, there is not much to it.  Here is
some fairly simple code I use for a daemon that controls an IOM142
(google it) board via the serial port.

http://jessen.ch/files/fridged.tar.gz

It's very much "send two-byte command", then "receive multi-byte
response", but it also responds to simple http-style requests and I
call it from php to produce this page:  http://jessen.ch/refrigeration/
(in dire need up an update).

/Per

--