Hello again guys,

I was wondering the best way to tackle the following problem:

I've got a class, containing a property which is another object. So from
outside I should be able to do
$firstobject->propertycontainingobject->methodinsidethatobject();

The $firstobject variable is in the global namespace (having been made with
$firstobject = new FirstObject;), and I'm having a problem that I'm sure
many people have when accessing it inside another class, so:

class otherObject
{
static function messwithotherthings ()
{
$firstobject->propertycontainingobject->methodinsidethatobject();

But $firstobject is blank, which makes sense because in there it is pointing
to the local variable within the method.

To solve this, I could add 'global $firstobject' inside every method, but
this is very redundant and boring. I've tried a couple of things like
adding:

private $firstobject = $GLOBALS['firstobject'];

But apparently that's bad syntax. I was just wondering the best way to get
around this?

Thanks a lot for your help,

--
Luke Slater