mornin,

i´m new to the list and to php, so please don´t jump to hard on me, when you
think the question is dump.

okay: is there a possibility to make a server only execute the php scripts
in the document root it was called from?
I saw something about open_basedir, but am not sure if that is the way.

I badly need to protect the server from i.e. includes, that read out or
manipulated server config files, like passwd.
I have systems run under redhat, if that matters. could anyone please just
let me know how and where?
I´ll definatelly need the correct syntax, since that’s my main-problem with
php.

thanks a lot - ulrich