On Fri, 2009-08-28 at 11:39 -0400, tedd wrote:
> At 4:32 PM +0100 8/28/09, Ashley Sheridan wrote:
> >

> >I have noticed a bug with using a form element named action, which
> >funnily enough only effects IE. If you need to do anything to or based
> >on that action element in IE with Javascript, it has a lot of problems
> >differentiating the form element from the form action attribute, and
> >gets them a bit confused. It's similar to the IE name/id bug.
> >
> >Thanks,
> >Ash
>
> Good catch.
>
> I actually never use the word $action -- that's just a placeholder.
>
> Cheers,
>
> tedd
>
> --
> -------
> http://sperling.com  http://ancientstones.com  http://earthstones.com

I seem to always use the word! *smacks self on wrist*

When I first came across it, it confused the hell out of me! Always
running into these kinds of Javascript bugs in IE, it has a much
narrower field of 'safe' variable names, probably because of all the
dithering about it's done in the past.

Thanks,
Ash
http://www.ashleysheridan.co.uk