Hello

I noticed a problem using iconv, but investigation showed, that this is
not exectly the iconv itself, but something like php encoding.

From the beginning:

a hava an incoming variable $text;
it has some Polish diactics 'strona główna'.
I expect to remove diactics : 'strona glowna'.

So I use iconv: iconv('utf-8', 'us-ascii//TRANSLIT', $text)

and unfortunetly i get: 'strona g??wna' ... But only under apache, in
browser

The same file, command, etc run from bash gives: 'strona glowna' ... OK
So i think : "bad config", but double checked and configs are
identical... (cli and apache2)

Best part: for 2 or 3 times after starting computer (debian), it didn't
worker until I did: (apache start && apache stop - not apache restart),
then it worked. Now it doesn't work any more. No other config (except
php was changed).

Any ideas?