2009/10/13 Andrea Giammarchi <an_...@hotmail.com>:

>> $ch = curl_init($url);
>> $fp = fopen('/tmp/curl.out', 'w');
>> curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_FILE, $fp);
>> curl_exec($ch);
>>
>> Error checking etc. is of course left up to you. :)
>
> oops, I sent directly the file name. Let me reformulate the code then:
>

> set_time_limit(0);
> $fp = fopen('stream.bin', 'wb');
> $ch = curl_init($siteURL);
> curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_RETURNTRANSFER, false);
> curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_BINARYTRANSFER, true);

If you're re-using a curl handle then it may be a good idea to set
these explicitly. However, these are also the default values so it's
not really necessary to set them for a new handle. You're right that
it's a good idea to include the 'b' in the fopen() mode.

> curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_CONNECTTIMEOUT, 0);

I wouldn't recommend setting this to 0 unless you're very sure that
the connection will succeed; otherwise, your script will hang
indefinitely waiting for the connection to be made.

Regards,

Torben