On Wed, 2009-12-02 at 10:09 -0600, Skip Evans wrote:

> Hey all,
>
> Tedd & Ash, yes, I'm definitely looking into solving it server
> side, but I need this quick fix while I come with a solution
> more along the lines of what you've both suggested.
>
> Ash, how do you store the time stamp when the first request
> comes through? Do you use a session variable or something like
> that and when each request comes through compare the data with
> any previous request within the half second or so?
>
> Skip
>
> tedd wrote:
> > At 9:16 PM +0000 12/1/09, Ashley Sheridan wrote:
> >> On Tue, 2009-12-01 at 15:06 -0600, Skip Evans wrote:
> >> wow, i really think you're going about this all the wrong way.
> >
> > Ash:
> >
> > I thought the same thing considering that I went through the exact same
> > problem and provided a solution, which he never mentioned.
> >
> > Cheers,
> >
> > tedd
> >

> --
> ====================================
> Skip Evans
> PenguinSites.com, LLC
> 503 S Baldwin St, #1
> Madison WI 53703
> 608.250.2720
> http://penguinsites.com
> ------------------------------------
> Those of you who believe in
> telekinesis, raise my hand.
>   -- Kurt Vonnegut

I'll tell you about the problem I had.

One site was offering up contact details for sale on a contract basis.
The names were presented in a list of links, and clicking through
purchased those details for a 24-hour period.

When a visitor clicked on a link, it added an entry into a database
along with the current time. Because links are all GET data, the process
was performed twice by some browsers. Each time a details page was
displayed it checked to see if these details were requested by the same
user (using the login details) within a certain time period. If no
record was found, then a new purchase entry was made.

You could use this sort of thing on your own system as a general idea.

Thanks,
Ash
http://www.ashleysheridan.co.uk