Hey Merlin

Merlin Morgenstern wrote on 2009-12-07 11:52:
Hello everybody,

I am having trouble finding a logic for following problem:

Should be true if:
page = 1 OR page = 3, but it should also be true if page = 2 OR page = 3

The result should never contain 1 AND 2 in the same time.

This obviously does not work:
(page = 1 OR page = 3) OR (page = 2 OR page = 3)

This also does not work:
(page = 1 OR page = 3 AND page != 2) OR (page = 2 OR page = 3 AND page != 1)

Has somebody an idea how to solve this?

I've read the entire thread and can see that this is a MySQL query you want to make (I was about to tell you about the == comparison and the $ in a variable in PHP).

What you want is all results containing 1,2 or 3, so make a "WHERE page IN(1,2,3)" and use PHP logic to figure out if a free slot is available or not. Or rewrite your booking routine (use data and time fields instead, maybe by creating a bunch of free slots and then a booked field with a default of "0", changed to "1" when booked)

--
Kind regards
Kim Emax - masterminds.dk