Shawn McKenzie wrote:
Michael Alaimo wrote:
Hello All,

I have an XML document that has elements as such:
        <Query:Expression>
          <Query:ResourceID>
            <Query:Equal>Test/Query:Equal>
          </Query:ResourceID>
        </Query:Expression>

I cannot figure out how to access these with simple xml.  I am not opposed
to a DOMDocument solution either.

Would anyone know what to do in this case?  I think the problem is the :.

Regards,

Mike

What's the entire XML document?  You need a xmlns declaration as Query
is a namespace.

I have run into documents that use a namespace without properly defining it.

Seems fairly common in data sets from academic sources (IE vertebrate museum records). Usually there is only one namespace, and you can use a regular expression to just remove it before importing the document.

IE -

$buffer = preg_replace('/Query:/','',$input);

then import the $buffer