2009/12/11 kranthi <kranthi...@gmail.com>:
> How can i change the temporary upload directory?
> var_dump(ini_get('upload_tmp_dir'));      gives me (and that is set in
> php.ini)
> string '/var/www/cgi-bin' (length=16)
>
> but
> var_dump($_FILES)                                                     gives me
> 'tmp_name' => string '/tmp/phpbSZ6WP' (length=14)
>
> var_dump(file_exists($_FILES['file']['tmp_name']));  gives me  (/tmp
> has permissions drwxrwxrwt and i never used file_move_upload or any
> similar functions)
> boolean false
>
> am I missing something here?
> Kranthi.

Just assuming you could alter the upload_tmp_dir setting in your code
(you can't) ...

PHP puts the uploaded files into the upload_tmp_dir BEFORE your script
runs, so changing it in your script essentially hides the uploaded
files.

PHP drops the files into directory A.
PHP then runs your code.
Your code changes the directory to B.
Your code cannot see the files PHP put into A as your code is now looking in B.

But, as I said earlier, you can't use your code to change
upload_tmp_dir. It can only be done at the system level (php.ini or
httpd.conf). See [1] and [2].

Regards,

Richard Quadling.

[1] http://docs.php.net/manual/en/ini.core.php#ini.sect.file-uploads