Hello:
I am trying to accomplish searches in a Windows active directory through
LDAP functions in PHP, but the function ldap_search and ldap_get_entries are
out of service, they give the following error messages

Warning: ldap_search() [function.ldap-search]: Search: Operations error in
C:\xampp\htdocs\asesor\ldaptest.php on line 20

Warning: ldap_get_entries(): supplied argument is not a valid ldap result
resource in C:\xampp\htdocs\asesor\ldaptest.php on line 22

Here I send you the PHP code:
    $r=ldap_bind($ds, 'iespaloma\\poweruser', 'dfku34*+);     //
Autentificacion anonima, habitual de los accesos de solo lectura
    echo "El resultado de la autentificacion es ".$r."<br />";
    $persona = 'Ad';
    $dn = "dc=iespaloma,dc=com";
    $filtro="(givenname=$persona*)";
    $solonecesito = array( "ou", "sn", "givenname", "mail");
    $sr=ldap_search($ds, $dn, $filtro, $solonecesito);
    $info = ldap_get_entries($ds, $sr);
I believe that the error occur due a bad DN that I am passing to the
function, Could anyone help me to solve this problem?

Aeropuerto Internacional Frank País García de Holguín.