Shawn McKenzie wrote:
Joseph Thayne wrote:
That is incorrect. What will happen is as follows:
1. The value will be incremented by 1 causing the value to be greater
than the maximum integer allowed.
2. MySQL will see this as a problem and "truncate" it to the closest
3. MySQL will then try and insert the new row with the updated id.
4. MySQL will find that the id already exists, and will return a
duplicate ID error.
5. A tear is rendered in the space time continuum!
6. An alternate version of Dr. Rodney McKay from an alternate universe
appears, and goes by "Rod".
PHP General Mailing List (http://www.php.net/)
To unsubscribe, visit: http://www.php.net/unsub.php