Dreamweaver is notorious for memory leaks (some releases have much more
severe issues than others.)  Sometimes just closing the app and then
reopening makes a big difference, especially when it comes to tasks that
take a large amount of memory.  That said, I'm certainly not sure this was
the issue, but I pointed it out just in case it was contributing to your
pain.

Adam

--
Nephtali:  PHP web framework that functions beautifully
http://nephtaliproject.com