Hi,

  I have two arrays here that I have combined into a new array, as shown here:

$from = explode("-", $from);
$change = explode("-",$change);
$new_array = array_combine($from,$change);

I then tried reading it from a file and do string matches, trying to find out
the "key" using the array_search of the individual array elements. I seem to
have no such luck, even when I copied one of the elements after I do a
print_r($new_array);

Here is the code,

foreach ($lines2 as $line_num => $line2) {
$style_line_num = $line_num+3;

      if(preg_match("/^style/",$line2)) {

            if(preg_match("/inkscape:label/",$lines2[$style_line_num])) {
            $location = explode("=",$lines2[$style_line_num]);
            $location2 = substr($patient_location[1],1,-6);

             if(in_array($location2, $from)) {
             $key= array_search($location2,$new_array); //Find out the position
of the index in the array
             echo "Key " . $key . "<br>";  //This only gives me a blank space
after the word Key

            }

         } //end preg_match inkscape
   }  //If preg_match style

I looked at the example from
http://php.net/manual/en/function.array-search.php, and looks like what I am
trying to do here is possible, and yet, why am I not getting a proper key
return?

Thanks for your help.

Alice

http://clk.atdmt.com/GBL/go/201469230/direct/01/