i agree that putting it all into one file is
usually bad form, but for small sites that dont
change much, it's usually OK to do something like:

file.php?page=Main
file.php?page=News
file.php?page=Contact

anything above 5-10 pages probably requires a
separate-page-per-section or fusebox-style design...