Rene Veerman wrote:
unless the actual php development team would like to weigh in on this
matter of course.

Wrong list. Subscribe to internals.

yes, i do consider it that important.

these nay-sayers usually also lobby the dev-team to such extent that
these features would actually not make it into php.

It's a debate. The dev team consider proposals and weigh in on the merits. I was a proponent for goto support during the development of PHP 5. We now have it. If you arguments are valid and there's no technical issue preventing it, and there's someone with time and skill to created the functionality, then it will happen. If not then it won't. I've seen many things added to PHP and I've watched and participated in the threads on internals that have lead to many new features. This is open source, opinions matter, but personal attacks and poor argument do not really make the cut.

Cheers,
Rob.
--
http://www.interjinn.com