Warning: mail() is not supported in this PHP build in testmail.php on line 1

I don't remember disabling it when I compiled, and I can't find anything to
specifically enable it when compiling.  I'm running PHP 4.0.6.  My
sendmail_path is correct in my php.ini.

I tried recompiling php4 and apache but it seems that it isn't overwriting
the php modules.  What files are used? I tried deleting the <apache 1.3.20
src>/src/modules/php4 folder.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.