Peter Pei wrote:

>>> var_dump( array( true , 12 , "php already does this" ) );
>>>
>>> array(3) {
>>>    [0]=>  bool(true)
>>>    [1]=>  int(12)
>>>    [2]=>  string(21) "php already does this"
>>> }
>>>
>>> :)
>>>

>> Yeah. But this feature of PHP is a boon if used carefully and a curse
>> if careless. You can get AMAZING results if you're not careful to
>> check the data types ;)
>>

> And that's why language like C# and java supports <> to restrict the
> type of data a collection can hold.

As a side point; I replicated a load of type safe collections etc for
PHP (a good chunk of the java collections stuff) - If it's of use to
anybody I can stick them in a google code project or suchlike.

They'll obviously never be as fast as Java/C but they do allow for
static typing of collections using primitive types or Classes.

regards,

Nathan